from Baby Einstein
Price: $12.88 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. FREE Returns.
In Stock. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
About the Product
- Soft, multi textured developmental Baby Einstein octopus
- Babies can hug the octopus to hear a Baby Einstein melody and explore the textures for tactile development
- Colorful stitched satin patches on velour legs promote baby’s understanding of color through repetition
- Language selector switch to choose English, Spanish or French
- Includes volume control
The Baby Einstein Octoplush is a soft, multi textured, developmental plush toy. Young babies can hug Octoplush to hear a Baby Einstein melody and explore the textures for tactile development. As baby grows, colorful stitched satin patches on velour legs invite baby to learn color names through repetition. Squeeze each leg to hear color names in English, Spanish and French. Patterns of the color names are also printed on the underside of each leg in multiple languages.
From the Manufacturer
The Baby Einstein Octoplush is a soft, multi-textured, developmental plush toy. Young babies can hug Octoplush to hear a Baby Einstein melody and explore the textures for tactile development. As baby grows, colorful stitched satin patches on velour legs invite baby to learn color names through repetition. Squeeze each leg to hear color names in English, Spanish and French. Patterns of the color names are also printed on the underside of each leg in multiple languages.
|Item Weight||15.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||7 x 11 x 11 inches|
|UPC||796629037663 731395838076 885168763628 885574835391 885324075367 885515545709 786417008784 796629254282 703306800120 074451309333 885575426086 786417206852|
|Item model number||30933|
|Batteries:||2 AA batteries required. (included)|
|Minimum weight recommendation||4.5 Grams|
- Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here [PDF]
|Customer Reviews||4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews816 reviews4.4 out of 5 stars|
|Best Sellers Rank||#240 in Baby (See top 100)|
|Shipping Weight||2.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)|
|Domestic Shipping||Item can be shipped within U.S.|
|International Shipping||This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More|
Warranty & Support
Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here [PDF]
From the Manufacturer
Octoplush Plush Toy
Meet Octoplush! This soft, cuddly friend entertains baby with enriching Baby Einstein content including classical music, color names, and multiple languages.
Color Names. Squeeze Octoplush’s legs to hear 8 colors, along with a short classical tune.
Classical Music. Different melodies play when baby squeezes Octoplush’s head.
Multiple Languages. Baby can hear the names of colors in 3 different languages: English, Spanish, and French.
Top Customer Reviews
4.0 out of 5 stars Good infant toy. I may have some answers for problems listed in other reviews!By kjs on September 6, 2009I’m not a huge fan of Baby Einstein stuff, but my son loved this octopus as an infant. We would play the songs for him again and again and he seemed to like it. One thing they don’t show you is that the underbelly of the octopus is colorful and a baby likes to look up at the BOTTOM of the octopus, not just the face part. We hung this toy (has a velcro strap on top) over our son’s bassinet when he was awake during the days. When we took it down to play with it with our son, we would sometimes spin it around while he looked at the bottom of it. It held his attention so he must have liked it.
It is soft and (I thought) a decent size. It’s true that it doesn’t “sit up” well for long. It ends up getting kind of floppy-headed and its head will lean back on its legs when it’s set down on the floor. This doesn’t affect its use in any way, it’s just an annoyance for those of us who keep trying to get its head to sit up nice.
The songs are played by pressing on the head. It IS really sensitive, but that’s so a baby can make it work. The color words are played by pressing the circles on the feet. They are too difficult for a baby to work.
I didn’t mind the music, although I agree with one reviewer who said one of the songs reminded her of circus music. There is one song which is kind of frentic (I called this one “the crazy song”). The music is very electronic sounding, not soothing. This toy is definitely designed for play time.
My son is almost 2 now and we still have the Octoplush. Here are my observations after having this thing for so long:
1) The toy will go crazy when the batteries are low. Before they stop working, they seem to make the toy act bizarre and work in weird ways.Read more › 5.0 out of 5 stars This guy is awesome!By C. Heelen on July 10, 2008My daughter received this toy for Christmas. It quickly became a favorite of hers and therefore my husband’s and mine as well. Baby girl is 9 months old now, and this guy keeps her entertained during diaper changes, toweling off after a bath, or anytime we need to put her down for a second to grab a diaper or a change of clothes. She has really put him through his paces and he holds up well. He’s been spit up on, chewed remorselessly, even chucked into the diaper pail and he always comes out unscathed. 5.0 out of 5 stars OctoplushBy Crystal Wlodarczyk on September 9, 2008This toy is 3 languages, most toys are only English and Spanish and I specifically purchased this because it goes to French as well. My son’s aunt is willing to teach French to him and this toy will help Mommy practice with him!